Notice anything extra cool about my photos? I got an extra cool new camera. 😉 I’m still working out all the settings so it may not be perfect right now but I think I did a pretty good job for my first shoot! I’m so excited to see where my photography skills are in a year from now. Do you ever feel like that with new hobbies? I sure do. But wait, I’m getting off track! Let’s talk about the food.
I have been making these buffalo cauliflower bites all week, I can’t get enough. They are tangy, spicy, and incredibly easy to make. They taste amazing with vegan blue cheese – something I never liked before being vegan! I will admit, I never even liked buffalo wings (the real stuff). My brother really enjoys them but I was never able to get into them prior to veganism.
I think one thing I disliked about buffalo wings was that greasy chicken taste. These don’t have any of that! Buffalo sauce is my new jam. With only 4 ingredients, these cauliflower bites could very easily be a quick snack to make, an appetizer at parties, or even just an easy weeknight dinner along side a baked potato and some collards. Doesn’t that sound good?! I think I need to go out and get some more cauliflower… and some potatoes… and some collards.
- 1 medium sized head of cauliflower
- 1 tbsp melted coconut oil
- 2 tsp nutritional yeast
- ⅔ cup hot sauce
- Preheat your oven to 425F.
- Cut the cauliflower florets away from the stem and add them to a large mixing bowl.
- Mix the nutritional yeast into the melted coconut oil and add to the hot sauce. Stir together.
- Pour the sauce over the cauliflower florets and stir to coat.
- Arrange the cauliflower on a parchment lined baking sheet and bake for about 25 minutes until they are tender.
- Serve with extra buffalo sauce, vegan blue cheese and celery sticks. (Optional)