This is a twist on a classic chicken club sandwich. This chicken salad club sandwich has nearly everything the original sandwich has, with the exception of the chicken. I used the chicken salad that I made in my last post in place of roasted chicken that is typically used in the classic version.
My recipe for chicken salad has ingredients like celery, green onions, and dried cranberries. They add nice flavors and textures to a club sandwich that wouldn’t typically be in a classic club. There is also no need to add any mayo either because it’s already coating the salad!
What’s goes into a chicken salad club sandwich?
- Toasted sandwich bread slices – Toasty bread always makes a sandwich taste better. If you have a toaster, use it! If not, you can broil the bread in the oven. Just keep a watchful eye on it.
- Crispy bacon – It simply wouldn’t be a club sandwich without bacon slices! I used thick-cut bacon because it has a nicer bite. You can use one slice per sandwich, but two is definitely better.
- Fresh lettuce – I love the fresh crisp texture lettuce gives to sandwiches. It also acts as a barrier between the bread and the chicken salad to keep the sandwich from going soggy.
- Juicy tomato slices – a good tip is to blot the tomato slices before you assemble sandwiches, it gets rid of excess juice that would otherwise make your bread soggy.
- Classic chicken salad – You could use store-bought chicken salad from the deli or you can make it homemade.
If you like this recipe, be sure to let me know. Leave a comment & rating and if you share a photo on Instagram, tag @DUCKSOUPKITCHEN so I can see it. Thanks, y’all!
Hover over the image below to pin this recipe for later
Other sandwich recipes you may like…
Chicken Salad Club Sandwich
- 4 slices of bread
- 1 small tomato
- 4 slices of cooked bacon
- 2 lettuce leaves
- 1 cup chicken salad homemade (see notes) or store-bought
- Toast the slices of bread to your liking.
- Slice the tomato into thin slices and lay on a paper towel and blot dry.
- Start by layering the lettuce and tomato slices on top of each sandwich half.
- Divide the chicken salad between the two sandwiches and top with the bacon and top bread slice.
- Cut sandwiches in half on a diagonal and serve.