A quick, easy and healthy vegan chili cheese dip. Nut free, dairy free, gluten free, soy free and no potatoes!
I heard this chili cheese dip calling my name one afternoon. It didn’t have an airy melodic voice either it was aggressive and it said “Make me now!!” I had never made it before but as a foodie and recipe creator, things like this happen to me often. Ideas pop into my head, some good, some bad. This idea just happened to be amazing enough to deserve a place on my blog. 😀
I had the cheese already figured out of course. I have an incredible 5 minute vegan nacho cheese dip here on my blog somewhere that I just knew was going to be perfect for this. I just needed to come up with the chili. Okay, but here’s the thing. Although I love to cook and love to eat, I am also kind of lazy. I needed the chili to be easy! The every day chili recipe isn’t exactly fast or easy enough for this dip.
So I searched for some chili dips online and came across Delish Knowledge’s Vegan Chili Cheese Dip. Her chili looked just like the kind of quick lazy chili I needed. I used her’s as inspiration and I changed some things around to fit my style. I got the cheese, I got the chili, time to execute. The results are in: chili cheese dip is my new favorite dip. The only way to make a cheese dip better is to add chili and the only thing that makes a dip worth making is dependent on how easy it is to make. That makes sense doesn’t it?
- 1 recipe 5 minute nacho cheese dip
- ½ medium onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tsp oil
- 1 can black or pinto beans, drained and rinsed
- ½ cup jarred salsa
- ¼ cup water
- 1 tbsp chili powder
- ½ tsp cayenne pepper powder or chipotle pepper powder
- First, make the nacho cheese dip
- In a large non-stick skillet over medium heat, saute the onion and garlic in the oil until golden.
- Add the beans, salsa, water, and spices and stir together
- Keep stirring until the chili thickens, then add the nacho cheese
- Continue stirring until the cheese is heated through
- Serve immediately