If you like quick no-bake skillet desserts, fried apples might right up your alley. If you’ve not had this southern dessert yet, you’ll be pleasantly surprised by how easy it is to make.
Fried apples are warm, soft, syrupy, and absolutely delicious. It tastes exactly like apple pie filling, in fact, I think it’s safe to say it IS apple pie filling, just made on the stove-top! You can serve the fried apples as-is with a scoop of ice cream, or you can use them as a topping or filling for other desserts.
Now that apple season is here, I’ve been really excited to make a bunch of apple recipes. If you’re wondering what type of apple to use, you really can use any kind of apple you prefer. I used golden delicious because that’s what I had but another really good apple would be granny smiths.
How to make fried apples
- Add butter to a skillet
- Toss in some peeled and sliced apples
- Cinnamon, granulated sugar, and brown sugar to coat the apples
- Top the skillet with a lid
- Cook the apples until they are broken down and soft
This dessert is extremely delicious and super quick to make – only 10 minutes on the stove! And what do ya know? 10 minutes is the perfect amount of time to get some ice cream thawing. 🙂
If you like this recipe, be sure to let me know. Leave a comment & rating and if you share a photo on Instagram, tag @DUCKSOUPKITCHEN so I can see it. Thanks, y’all!
HOVER OVER THE IMAGE BELOW TO PIN THIS RECIPE FOR LATER
Other dessert recipes you may like…
Fried Apples - Skillet Dessert
- heavy-bottomed skillet (cast iron)
- 2 apples peeled, cored, and sliced
- 2 tbsp butter (30g)
- 1 tsp granulated sugar
- 1 tsp brown sugar dark or light
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- vanilla ice cream (optional for serving)
- Set skillet over medium-low heat.
- Add the butter and let it melt before adding the apple slices.
- After adding the apples, sprinkle in the sugars and cinnamon. Stir to coat the apples and then top the skillet with a lid.
- Let the apples cook for about 10 minutes, stirring occasionally until the apples are fully broken down and soft. You should be able to stick a fork into an apple slice and have it slide right off.
- Serve immediately with scoops of vanilla ice cream.