4-Ingredient homemade garlic bread made in just 15 minutes!
It took me a long time to use fresh garlic on homemade garlic bread. Want to know why? As a kid, I had too many run-ins with restaurants that didn’t cook their garlic before putting it on their bread so it was kind of raw and bitter and spicy and gross! Why restaurants?? Why do you not cook your garlic beforehand?? You turned me into a garlic powder garlic bread person! The thought of that uncooked garlic gives me shivers. I can still taste it. So bitter.
So as I mentioned, for a long time, I was using garlic powder which is totally fine, but I like crispy bread so the garlic powder tends to burn in the oven. Also bitter! I finally tried out this method and I can’t say I’d cook it any other way. I just sautee the garlic in the butter before drizzling it on the bread. Don’t let the garlic get too brown as I did. 🙁
Oh, also! You can freeze this garlic bread! I had to freeze mine because I made too much (is that a thing? Too much garlic bread?) and then I reheated it in my new air fryer and it came out really good! I got the Instant Omni Plus air fryer and it only took one minute to reheat two pieces of garlic bread from frozen! I used the air fry setting at 400 degrees F in case you were wondering. I’ll be sure to share any air fryer recipes I come up with! I’m super excited to learn all the ways I can cook with it.
- 12-inch loaf of french bread
- 3-4 tbsp butter
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- fresh chopped parsley (optional)
- Preheat your broiler on high
- Slice your french bread open and put them cut side down on a baking sheet (skip this step if your french bread is already pretty crusty) and broil for about 5 minutes or until the outer crust has a good crunch to it
- Remove the bread from the oven and set this aside
- To a small fry pan, melt the butter over medium-low heat
- Add the garlic and saute just until the garlic is cooked, don't let it change color (about 2 minutes)
- Flip the bread slices over so the cut side faces up and spoon the butter and garlic over each half evenly
- Pop in the oven and broil for 3-5 minutes, until it looks crispy and golden. Be sure to keep an eye on it, all ovens are different
- Sprinkle with the chopped parsley and cut into your preferred size slices