I’ve been enjoying cottage cheese bowls for breakfast a lot lately and I’m thinking it might truly be the perfect breakfast. Cottage cheese is mild-tasting compared to yogurt (I don’t really like yogurt!) and goes really well with all fruits. It takes only 5 minutes to prepare and you can make a bunch of servings to keep in the fridge, so they are meal prep friendly!
This morning I made a lemon blueberry cottage cheese bowl and it was delicious! It’s a simple recipe, but I wanted to share it with you all because I feel cottage cheese is often overlooked. To the cottage cheese, I added fresh blueberries, grated lemon zest, chopped pecans, and a drizzle of honey. It was bright-tasting and kept me full all morning.
- ½ cup cottage cheese (I used large curd)
- ¼ cup washed and dried blueberries
- a sprinkle of fresh lemon zest
- about 2 tbsp chopped pecans
- a drizzle of honey
- Spoon out the cottage cheese in a bowl and top with the blueberries, lemon zest, and pecans
- Drizzle the honey over top (as much or as little as you like!) and serve