Do you feel that?! It’s finally warm out! I’m so glad that depressing winter is finally over with. I have an aversion to winter and any temp below 60F. Props to anyone who lives in a cold climate. I don’t know how you do it. I dedicate this roasted chickpea bowl to warm weather. There is no connection between the two but I am just so happy it’s getting nice out and I’m so happy with this roasted chickpea bowl! If you couldn’t tell yet, I love Mediterranean food. I think my blood type is actually hummus.
This wonderful bowl of amazing features my Golden Turmeric Basmati Rice and my Easy Homemade Artichoke Hummus. Of course, you can use whatever rice you like and store bought hummus will work just fine! I will leave that up to you. We also have some turmeric lime roasted chickpeas, cucumber and tomato chop salad, jarred roasted peppers, and jarred kalamata olives. Does that sound good to you? Go see the recipe below!
- 1 cucumber, peeled, deseeded, and diced
- 2-3 roma tomatoes, deseeded and diced
- ¼ yellow or red onion, diced
- ¼ cup loosely packed fresh parsley, chopped
- juice of ½ a lime
- ½ tbsp olive oil (omit if oil free)
- 1 15 oz can chickpeas
- 1 tbsp lime juice
- ¼ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp turmeric
- ¼ tsp cayenne pepper
- Preheat the oven to 375F.
- In a container, add all of the ingredients for the chop salad. Stir everything together, cover and refrigerate until needed.
- In a bowl, stir together all ingredients listed under "roasted chickpeas." Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and add the chickpeas, spreading them out to ensure even cooking.
- Bake in the oven for 20-25 minutes or until they are crispy, toss them around a bit at 15 minutes.
- To serve, divide everything in fourths except the hummus. Add them to each bowl and top with 2 tablespoons of hummus in each bowl. Add the optional kalamata olives and cilantro or parsley for garnish.