Sloppy Joes (One-Pot!)
You only need one pan and less than 25 minutes to make this tasty family-friendly meal for dinner tonight! These homemade sloppy joes are thick, saucy, smokey, and sweet.
Servings 5 servings
- 1¼ lb ground beef (we used 80/20)
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2/3 cup ketchup
- 1 tbsp brown sugar (loosely packed, light or brown)
- 3 tbsp yellow mustard (prepared)
- 2 tbsp tomato paste
- 1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tsp dried minced onion flakes
- 2 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper powder
- 1/2 tsp ground black pepper
- 1 tsp liquid smoke (we used mesquite flavored)
- 1/2 cup water
- hamburger buns or sandwich rolls
Set a large skillet on the stove over medium heat.
Add the ground beef and the salt and break up the beef and cook until browned. Drain out the excess grease.
When the beef is browned, add all the other ingredients and stir to combine. Set the heat to low and simmer for 15 minutes.
While the beef simmers, feel free to toast up the buns.
Serve on buns and enjoy!